Monday, July 11, 2011

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

I didn't bring my camera on our boat ride we went on with our neighbors or to our friends house for the fourth, but I need to throw in an update!! Kyle went to the Lake of the Ozarks with some guys for a bachelor party Friday, Sat and Sun, so I decided to take the boys with the neighbors on a boat ride on the Lake of Saint Louis. It was our first time out on the lake since living here and we fell in love! The boat we were on met up with 2 other boats and we went to a cove to swim. As soon as we pulled up to the other boats and Blake saw that kids were jumping off the boat he wanted to be right where the action was! "I want to go swimming too Mommy, please, please, please, please, please?!" How do you say no to that and where did they already learn to ask with multiple pleases!! I held him off for a little while, then a neighbor said that she'd take him in with her, since Drew didn't want me to leave his side. I couldn't refuse her offer! He would've jumped off the boat if I let him! He got in the lake swam on a noodle and looked like a natural! While he was swimming Drew would look a couple of times, but preferred to play games on my phone! After awhile, we cruised the lake and got a tour, we got home at 11 and the boys were worn out! A success!!

Saturday morning I took the boys to get donuts and we met Mimi and Paw Paw Bruce at the movie theater to see Cars 2! They loved it! It's a cute movie, but of course not as good as the first one! Blake watched intently and Drew pointed to all the cars on the screen and told me which ones we had at home.

Monday we went to a friends house for the kids to swim and hang out while the parent grilled and chatted. There's a great view from their porch of the fireworks! The boys loved the show!!

No comments: