I haven't updated this in a while! We've been pretty busy here at the Laramie house! Mommy went to Texas to visit Grandpa Bruce & Mimi while Daddy hungout with his boys. We have exhausted the house hunting options and decided to put a contract on a house to be build in Lake St. Louis...so all we need to do is SELL ours!! We've had several busy weekends with lookers and open houses. Since we have a contract on something we would really like to sell soon! So, we will probably be having open house every Sunday possible! Oh, boy!! Keeping a house clean and in order 90% of the time has been exhausting to say the least! The boys have learned to pick up their toys (as much as 21 month olds can) and have been very flexible during this whole process! They were there with us when we signed all the paperwork for the house! So, we are not going to get our hopes up (trying not to) since a lot of things have to fall into place before we get our new permanent place. Our motto is "If it's meant to be it will be"! Although, being in an apartment or other temporary living quarters will not be fun...I look forward to being able to "live" in my house again!
Our little boys are getting bigger by the day! The last few weeks have been busy and exciting! The boys have both done #1 in their pottys several times and Blake has done #2 twice! Every evening after dinner Kyle takes the boys to the bathroom they sit and read for 10-15 minutes and it usually ends with some success! We are doing a lot of talking about the potty, but by no means doing "hard core" training! They aren't even 2 yet, but if they are interested now that's exciting! I want them to be babies for a little while longer!!
The boys are both talking up a storm with new words everyday! They never fail to surprise me with what comes out of their mouths! The other night Kyle was blowing bubbles and Blake said "Really, really big bubbles!" It was hilarious! Just a few minuets ago Blake was crying a Drew said, "Quiet!" I am sure Blake would love to tell Drew to be quiet when he is throwing his temper tantrums!
Speaking of, we are convinced Drew is into his "terrible twos"! He eats when and what he wants, shares when he wants to, etc. Last weekend we were at O'Charlies and Drew was done eating his food (at least I thought he was done), when I loaded the food into a to go box- he pitched a big fit! The first time we've had to escort him out of a restaurant. We knew we were playing with fire when it was past his naptime and we had to wake him up to go in the restaurant- at least we made it to the end of lunch! Last night we were at Pizza Street (yuk!) and Drew wanted to have all of the pizza- every time I took a bite he would whine and reach for my pizza. After I convinced him that everyone else was there to eat too, he decided he would dip his dessert pizza (pizza with cinnamon and powder sugar) into his marinara sauce (another yuk!)!! I told him I was sorry that I cannot cook the way he likes his food and that he will have to learn to like my cooking. He's always had wierd taste buds, but that took the cake! In the past he liked to dip his fish sticks in ketchup and alternate that with bites of sherbet! Oh my!! I have heard 3s are worse...sad thing we aren't even to the 2s and Blake is still as happy as a clam! On a good note, Drew still sleeps like a champ (he'll sleep from 8pm to 9am on the weekends) and is an awesome listener and loves to sit on the potty, and has not bit Blake in a long while!
For now, (it may change) Blake is a happy, easy going toddler! Although, he knows just how to push Drew's buttons! Drew loves to stack blocks and Blake loves to knock them down! For the most part they compliment each other nicely and are nearly inseparable! If Blake is taking a nap longer than Drew or Blake is not in the room, Drew says,"B?" When Blake wakes up or comes back in the room they run to each other with a big hug and kiss like they haven't seen each other in days! It just melts your heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment