We have reflected on this past year and although it's only been a year we can't rememeber what life was like without the boys! It is hard not to think about the NICU this time a year ago, but like all things we learn something from life's expereinces. It's hard not to laugh at how sleep deprived we were...it's funny to remember Drew peeing on Blake's head in the middle of the night when Kyle was trying to change 2 diapers at once or when we would get babies mixed up because we were awake with our eyes closed! Now we laugh at their beautiful little personalities and interactions with each other and the world! I could go on and on, but I won't!
Anywhoo...Thank you to everyone who was able to come and celebrate with us! We had a blast celebrating our 1st birthday! Mommy still can't get over that we got our afternoon nap in and went to bed at our normal time! We had fun playing with our cake. With some encouragement from Mommy & Daddy that Mommy can bake, Drew decided he would prefer to use a fork and Blake decided it would look better in his hair! He loves to play with those curls!
Our recent accomplishment is that we no longer have bottles! They never seemed phased! We have been using sippy cups for awhile during the day, but I was worried about the night time bottle, again they surprised me- it was no big deal! They eat 3 meals a day with a mid-afternoon snack sometimes! It's FABULOUS!! They are getting better at the walking thing, although they can get places faster by crawling, so that is what they prefer to do! This year has been such a blast, it gets more fun by the day! Everyday they say new words, do new funny things, and love to explore! The other day Drew crawled away after he got out of the bathtub, went to play with his new toy phone. He sat there half naked put the phone up to his ear and started to talk into the receiver! It was hilarious! We go to the pediatrician tomorrow so I will post new stats soon!
1 comment:
Great family photo! I like your highlights! Going to get my hair done tomorrow. I barely find time for it now!
Post a Comment