Sunday, January 25, 2009

Drew had his 1st trip to the ER!



Saturday night about an hour after I laid the boys down for bed (Kyle was at a poker game), I heard a cough that sounded like a seal (not good). I picked Drew up and he sounded wheezy and so congested he could barely talk! He said "mama" and it sounded like he was drowning! I called Kyle and told him to come home ASAP! He started to sound better after he was up a little while. We had the shower going and Kyle sat with him in the bathroom for about 10 mins then he sounded worse! We decided we weren't going to get any sleep that night if he couldn't breath better! So, Kyle stayed home with Blake and I took Drew to the ER. When we got there he did sound better, the cold air helped. Of course, he didn't cough while we were there. His lungs were clear and he had a blast flirting with the nurses and of course his luck he had a female doc! We found out he had croup. Luckily, we caught it early and he just has a cough and a cold now. Although, Blake is now beginning to cough! I think we will take them for a drive so they can breath in the cool air from outside to help! Here are a couple of pics of them taking a good nap while we were home from sitter/work.

No comments: